While there will always be a place for traditional face-to-face consultations, I also offer online sessions via Skype or Zoom. Many people have received a recommendation from friends or family to see me, yet living abroad or in a different state or territory it is just not practical to travel to see me. Others have children or jobs or other restraints and struggle to come and see me during my practice hours.
Hence I have been seeing people online for a long time. Advances in telecommunications and information technology makes the world more connected than ever and you too can benefit from online sessions.
Guidelines for online sessions
There are a few things you need to be aware of for you to get the most out of your session:
- You need a webcam and microphone (if you have a recent & decent laptop the build in ones are usually fine)
- A good and solid internet connection is a must. Dial up and mobile internet usually don't work. Also other members of the household watching Netflix, playing playstation online, down- or uploading anything will compromise your bandwidth too much.
- A quiet room where you will be undisturbed for the duration of the session (please eliminate the options of children, animals, partners, couriers, ringing phones wanting your attention). You will get the most out of your session when you are sitting at a table.
- Ideally you'll have light on your face either from above or from the front. In case you have a window behind you I may ask you to close the blinds so I can actually see you.
- You'll need to download Skype or Zoom onto your computer or laptop.
That's it. So please send me an email email@example.com and we can organise a time most suitable for your needs.